New Offering Connects Organizers With Sponsors and Enhances Participant Experience
Dallas – Dec. 21, 2015 - ACTIVE Network® the premier global marketplace for activities and events and the industry’s leading provider of data solutions, today announced it will be kicking off 2016 with new and improved benefits for ACTIVE Advantage™members. ACTIVE Advantage members will have even more opportunity to save money on products and services and receive free swag through an upgraded 5th-Registration-Free benefit, early access to event registration, members-only virtual event bags and eligibility to participate in a monthly free gift rewards program.
“We’re excited about the new and improved benefits we’ll be offering ACTIVE Advantage customers beginning in 2016,” said Greg Ingino, CIO at ACTIVE Network. “For us, it’s about adding value for our consumers. From VIP access to registration perks to travel benefits, ACTIVE Advantage members have an opportunity to receive special discounts and offers for the things they love to do.”
New ACTIVE Advantage benefits for 2016 include:
- Improved 5th-Registration-Free Benefit – With the new 5th-Registration-Free benefit upgrade model, ACTIVE Advantage members will not only receive credit for registrations made on ACTIVE.com, but now any registrations made outside of ACTIVE.com will also count in the first four races toward the 5th-Registration-Free benefit. Registration for the 5th event, however, must be made on ACTIVE.com. ACTIVE Advantage customers will then be reimbursed for that 5th registration made through ACTIVE.com – which could be as much as $70, an increase from the previous $65 benefit maximum. To learn how this benefit works, visit http://advantage.active.com/5th-registration-free.htm.
- ACTIVE Advantage Bonus Rewards – ACTIVE Advantage has partnered with industry leader TLC Marketing to reward members with access to over $500 worth of value in 2016. Each month, members can claim one free gift from popular offerings such as floral arrangements, beauty services, online fitness classes and more.
- Free Premium Subscriptions to New Consumer Apps – ACTIVE Network is launching three new exciting iOS apps this year that focus on community-based fitness, nutrition and meal planning, and an easy-to-use social camping planner. ACTIVE Advantage members will receive FREE access to all three apps once available.
- Member-Only Virtual Event Bags – ACTIVE Advantage members will receive exclusive deals and discounts via our ACTIVE Network Virtual Event Bag™ offering. For events that offer virtual event bags, members will no longer need to attend an event expo to pick up their goodie bag.
- VIP Early Event Access – ACTIVE Advantage is partnering with popular endurance races to allow members to sign up before the general public. Members will get the first crack at sought after distances and start times before they sell out.
- International ACTIVE Advantage Expansion – ACTIVE Advantage will kick off the new year in the UK and Australia as the program expands internationally for the first time. As part of the international launch, ACTIVE Advantage is partnering with Sport Pursuit to give members 15% off all purchases at the popular gear and apparel website.
- New Partnerships Underway – ACTIVE is continually focused on adding more value with enhanced benefits as well as new partnership discounts with popular retailers, health supplements and fitness wearables. Stay tuned as we announce additional new benefits for 2016.
ACTIVE Advantage is the premium consumer membership program of ACTIVE Network, created to inspire people to be more active by making it easier and less expensive for them to participate in the activities they love. Registrants can elect to enroll in a 30-day free trial membership while signing up for an event on ACTIVE.com and consumers can sign up any time for a trial membership at http://advantage.active.com. Following the trial membership period, the annual paid membership for ACTIVE Advantage is $64.95.
In addition to the new benefits listed above, ACTIVE Advantage members also receive:
- Access to members-only travel benefits – ACTIVE Advantage members receive deep travel discounts for hotels, car rentals, cruise deals and more through Trebeca, one of the leading membership only travel sites. On average, Trebeca has found their customers have reaped discounts as much as 70 percent off hotels and 50 percent off car rentals. Now, ACTIVE Advantage members can receive access to similar discounts, which Trebeca has found beat other major travel site rates nearly 85 percent of the time.
- No processing fees – Members enjoy no processing fees for thousands of activities on ACTIVE.com.
- Free, one-year magazine subscription – Members have the opportunity to enroll in a one-year magazine subscription valued as much as $50, from 14 top publications that are focused on running, health, fitness and more.
- A special, one-time free gift offer from Shutterfly – ACTIVE Advantage members have the opportunity to receive a special gift from leading digital photo publisher Shutterfly.
- VIP-only ACTIVE Network customer support number – Cut to the front of the line if you call ACTIVE about your event registration or if you prefer to call ACTIVE to redeem your ACTIVE Advantage discounts.
- Other benefits include:
- Free and discounted race entries for certain events
- $30 off event photos for certain events
- 15% off all purchases on ACTIVE GearUp
- Free training plans as part of our new ActiveX™ app
- Free All Trails Pro membership ($50 value)
- Chances to win gear, gift card, and other big prizes, in monthly giveaways and sweepstakes
- $20 in registration rebates for certain events
About ACTIVE Network
ACTIVE Network® is the leading global marketplace for activities and events, connecting participants and activity organizers, while offering unparalleled business intelligence through our industry-leading data solutions and insights platform that helps organizers drive increased participation and revenue. ACTIVE Network annually processes nearly 100 million registrations and more than $3B in payments for over 47,000 organizers and 200,000 activities and events worldwide. Our enterprise-level ACTIVEWorks® platform offers organizers leading-edge SaaS technology that streamlines the administration of activities and events. Our ACTIVE Network Activity Cloud® platform combines data analytics and business intelligence tools to provide actionable insights that help organizers better manage their events and increase participation. Founded in 1999, ACTIVE Network is headquartered in Dallas, Texas with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, please visit ACTIVEnetwork.com and follow us on Twitter.
# # #
© 2015 Active Network, LLC and/or its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved. ACTIVE Network, ACTIVE.com, ACTIVE Net, ACTIVEWorks and ACTIVE Network Activity Cloud are registered trademarks of ACTIVE Network, LLC. Activity and Participant Management and ACTIVEkids are trademarks of ACTIVE Network, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Media Contact Information: