SAN DIEGO, CA - May 11, 2006 - The 2006 FIFA World Cup™ kicks off June 9 and soccer enthusiasts can now turn to Active.com (http://worldcup.active.com) for complete online coverage of the tournament, including blogs from FIFA World Cup players, ESPN video coverage with player interviews and tournament highlights, soccer tips and drills from eteamz and detailed performance charts and ratings. PUMA® is the title sponsor for the special site.
The site provides fans the following features:
- Blogs from 2006 FIFA World Cup player Ben Olsen (D.C. United) as well as four-time Major League Soccer All-Star John Harkes (New England Revolution), offering a front-row perspective from Germany.
- Video coverage from ESPN, including highlights of the week's top five goals.
- Access to Powerstats, a world-class statistical system that calculates player and team momentum during games and produces detailed performance charts and ratings.
- 'Active.com - World Cup 2006' weekly e-newsletter featuring articles, interviews and a recap of the week's greatest FIFA World Cup moments.
- Soccer tips, drills and community message boards from eteamz (www.eteamz.com), a popular team sports community and homepage building service.
- FIFA World Cup predictions and commentary from 4skills.com (www.4skills.com), provider of innovative and effective soccer training programs.
- Articles and interviews from the U.S. Soccer Federation (www.ussoccer.com) and Soccer Kicks for Cancer (www.soccerkicksforcancer.org), a fundraising and awareness program developed by The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society®.
Active.com will host coverage of The 2006 FIFA World Cup, which runs from June 9 through July 9, at http://worldcup.active.com. Active.com (www.active.com), a leading online community for active lifestyles and a Web property of San Diego, Calif.-based The Active Network, Inc., provides one of the best resources to find, learn about and register online for participatory events and activities.
Courtney Gay, The Active Network, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-964-3814